On Friday 22nd April, presided over by the Right Honorable Peter Riddell, CBE, Chairman of Dulwich College Board of Governors and Old Alleynian (1959-66), Dulwich International High School Suzhou (DHSZ) celebrated its Official Grand Opening.
The sixth international school to join the Dulwich family, DHSZ officially opened its doors in Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP) on a new shared campus with Dulwich College Suzhou (DCSZ).
Over 300 government and local officials, parents, media, and guests, including headmasters and leadership team members from the Dulwich network attended the event. Performances included choirs from DCSZ and DHSZ, martial arts from Suzhou High School (SHS) SIP performers, singers and musicians from DHSZ as well as a unique face changing performance from a visiting student from DHZH.
1. A spirit of academic enquiry, whether in the sciences or the humanities
2. Encouraging students to be independent, critical thinkers, to be self-confident and willing to challenge
3. The school as a community of learning, where students learn from each other as well as from their teachers
4. A tradition of pastoral care to allow all pupils to flourish whatever their talents and interests
5. A commitment to an all-round education, recognising that personal learning and development takes place outside the classroom as well as inside