We’re immensely proud to announce that 17 Dulwich College International students have received a collective 20 awards for achieving the highest academic attainment in their 2019 IGCSE and A Level examinations.
Two Dulwich International High School Suzhou students were recognised for their outstanding academic results in AS – which stands for Advanced Subsidiary, the first part of the A Levels - by Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE):
- Alaric H for AS Geography
- Steven C for Additional Mathematics
A remarkable six students received the Outstanding Cambridge Learner Award, a group of awards issued by CAIE to recognise and celebrate exceptional learner achievement in Cambridge examinations around the world, for their IGCSE exams:
- Andrew H from Dulwich College Beijing for Top in China in Economics
- Dasom K from Dulwich College Suzhou for IGCSE Korean
- Francesca C from Dulwich College Shanghai Pudong for Top in China in Drama
- Heather L from Dulwich College Dulwich College Beijing for Top in China for World Literature
- John S from Dulwich College Beijing for Top in China in Business Studies
- Justine M from Dulwich College Beijing for Top in the World for Mathematics
Thomas C from Dulwich College Shanghai Pudong achieved the Outstanding Pearson Learner Awards for GCSE with the Highest Mark in Physical Education (Asia).
What’s more, nine students achieved the Outstanding Pearson Learner Awards for International GCSE, which recognise and reward students for their exceptional achievements in academic learning:
- Antonin C from Dulwich College Suzhou for Highest Mark in French (China)
- Andrew H from Dulwich College Beijing for Highest Mark in History (Internationally)
- Audrey Y, Dylan C, Jacqueline M and Rajat K from Dulwich College (Singapore) for Highest Mark in English Language (Singapore)
- Jessica T from Dulwich College Beijing for Highest Mark in History (Internationally)
- Nicky W from Dulwich College Shanghai Pudong for Highest Mark in Biology (China), Highest Mark in Biology (Asia), and Highest Mark in Biology (Internationally)
- Olivia Y from Dulwich International High School Suzhou for Highest Mark in Economics (China)
Special mention goes to Antonin, who was tutored by his mother, Nathalie, in preparation for his exam. This outstanding personal achievement was supported by the College through ensuring his level was appropriate and through preparation for the oral paper and, finally, through entering Antonin for the final examination. We’re proud to support our students in the study of their home languages even when they are not offered as part of the College curriculum, as previous students have also taken examinations in French and Dutch and also achieved excellent outcomes. Nathalie is an experienced tutor and has offered ongoing support and tutoring to many of our Senior School students in recent years.
Congratulations to our students for their wonderful achievements!